Monday 13 January 2014

YCN Briefs

YCN is a design agency, which describes itself as 'Producing work across all media and representing the finest creative people for commissions and collaborations'. They say of themselves that 'YCN today produces advertising, design and other creative communications in all media; both for its own projects and ventures, and on behalf its various clients'. The project asks us to choose one of the following briefs from the YCN website and adhere to the guidelines of the chosen brief and submit a design.

Bear
Booth
Cath Kidston
Champneys
Confused.com
DECC
Domino's Pizza
Eastpack
Effect
Fredrigoni
Femfresh
LTA
Marriott Hotels
Morrisons
Nescafé Azera
Oasis
Petplan
Redrow
Royal Albert Hall
Standard Life

I scanned through some of the briefs and narrowed my choices down to the 3 I find most interesting: Cath Kidston, Domino's Pizza and Nescafe Azera. I cast aside the other briefs because I really want to make use of my strength in illustration and poster designs and the other briefs seemed more technical and professional and less on the fun kind of design side. I decided not to do Cath Kidston because I feel like it falls into the kind of brief or design I would usually be drawn to or want to design for and I want to try something that's a little bit different to themes that I'm usually drawn to. I was thinking about going with Dominos because I had an idea in my head for a typography based poster design, but I want to try and make a series of 2 or 3 posters and think that for all 3 posters to be heavy on type would be too much and they would all look too similar. I decided on my chosen brief to be the Nescafe Azera one because I think I would have more variety on designs between each of the posters and it would work better as a series of posters. I was also quite attracted to the colour scheme of the packaging of the product and would like to play with it in my design and I thought it would be interesting as the target audience is middle aged meaning I can try my hand at a more refined and perhaps vintage design for coffee lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment