Thursday 16 January 2014

Initial Ideas

For this project I really want to make use of my drawing skills in illustrator as it's a software and media I enjoy and am comfortable with creating and, haven't used for a while. I also think that a hand drawn style would suit the nescafe brief more as I think it can look more vintage and has a refined edge to it which I find relevant to the age group of the brief's target audience.

I intend to make a series of promotional posters for this project, 2 posters at minimum and hopefully a third one also. I want the theme to be warm and vintage and maybe a little jazz themed as I've always associated jazz music with coffee shops and cold nights by a fireplace. For influence im going to take a look at some vintage and retro nescafe and coffee posters and adverts from the 80s to present day as well as some work for nescafe and coffee by creatives on behance. I want the art style of these posters to have a handpainted water colour kind of feel and texture so I'm going to look into some water colour artists also. I decided to go with a water colour look because the effects you can achieve with it looks similar to coffee ring stains and spills which I think will make the theme feel more authentic.

For a new product innovation as the brief suggested I may show new ways to drink coffee that aren't time consuming such as adding something that might compliment the coffee or fit with a certain season more such as adding a little hazelnut coffee syrup or a candy cane during the christmas season or switching out usual things you put in your coffee with something else such as almond milk instead of regular milk or sweet honey instead of sugar. Or even different ways of how its prepared like trying it iced instead of hot. I'm not quite sure yet I might just stick to promoting the brand in posters.

No comments:

Post a Comment